Sunday, April 12, 2009

3.1 / Ulduar Best in Slot Resto Druid Gear (25-Man Pre-Hard Mode)

Aertimus has made her shopping list. I thought I would share it with the rest of the forest. (Looking here for gear from Hard Mode Ulduar.) Here are a few...er... many things to keep in mind:

~ This list does not include Hard-Mode drops. It does, however, include gear from 10-mans and T7 if I think its better.
~ I'm trying to keep the list down to 3 items for each slot. I include more if I think its a total tie. Personally, I do not spend more than the minimum DKP bid on any items that are below the top 3.
~ I include cloth gear. Your guild policy may vary. Please keep in mind, your relationship with the holy priests in your guild is probably more important than having the number one piece of gear. Bid, roll, or beg with other players in mind.
~ Here the controversial part: I always gem for socket bonuses. This means I assume socket bonuses and assume they will be filled as follows:
~ I ranked gear based on effective spellpower and mana regen, not raw stats:
  • Effective spellpower assumes spellpower from spirit for being in Tree of Life.
  • Effective mana regen includes raw MP5, replenishment, and regen from spirit and int. Mana regen is a rough estimate - but it should remain more or less proportional when comparing gear. It is a rough estimate since spi/int regen will vary slightly depending on the amount of spirit and int you have currently. I assumed 1250 spirit and 1050 int raid buffed before equipping the new gear. I went with lowish numbers, because you are taking off the piece of gear you are about to replace.
  • Effective Int and Spirit for the above two calculations assume Blessing of Kings, Living Spirit, the 2% stat increase from Imp MotW, and the 2% Int meta gem.
~ After considering effective spellpower and mana regen I look at haste and crit - both are B stats. You want haste if you aren't going OOM and are not haste capped and crit if you are going OOM or you are haste capped.
~ If you think I'm missing an item that is better than one listed, please please let me know!!!

Item Name - Instance - Boss - Total Spellpower - Total MP5 - Crit - Haste
More ***'s means it is better.
(T) = Throughput; focuses on haste and crit after spellpower.
(L) = Longevity; focuses on mana and crit after spellpower.

Back
***Cape of the Unworthy Wizard - Naxx - KT - 88 - 35 - 42 - 0
**Asimov's Drape - 25 Man Ulduar - Mimiron - 82 - 23 - 49 - 0
*Shawl of Haunted Memories - 25 Man Ulduar - Yogg-Saron - 83 - 27 - 36 - 0

Head
**T8 - 25 Man Ulduar - Thorim (Also Buyable with 58 Emblems of Conquest) - 147 - 42 - 0 - 59
(*T) Unwavering Stare - 25 Man Ulduar - Auriaya - 147 - 41 - 0 - 59
(*L) Cowl of Dark Whispers - 25 Man Ulduar - Yogg-Saron - 150 - 45 - 59 - 0

Shoulder
***T8 - 25 Man Ulduar - Yogg-Saron - 121 - 35 - 0 - 48
**Malleable Steelweave Mantle - 25 Man Ulduar - Mimiron - 120 - 35 - 0 - 48
*Mantle of the Unknowing - 25 Man Ulduar - General Vezax - 111 - 36 - 41 - 0
*Spaulders of Catatonia - 25 Man Eye of Eternity - Malygos - 110 - 34 - 49 - 0

Chest
**T8 - 25 Man Ulduar - Hodir (Also buyable with 58 Emblems of Conquest) - 163 - 44 - 67 - 0
(*T) Raiment's of the Iron Council - 25 Man Ulduar - Dark Iron Council - 155 - 40 - 0 - 76
(*L) Blanketing Robes of Snow - 25 Man Eye of Eternity - Malygos - 155 - 54 - 0 - 4

Belt
**Belt of Arctic Life - 25 Man Ulduar - Multiple Bosses/Leatherworking - 125 - 34 - 0 - 40
(*T) Leash of Heedless Magic - 25 Man Eye of Eternity - Malygos - 112 - 29 - 0 - 62
(*L) Cord of the White Dawn - 25 Man Ulduar - Multiple Bosses/Tailoring - 118 - 32 - 48 - 0

Legs
***T8 - 25 Man Ulduar - Freya - 166 - 48 - 59 - 0
**Leggings of the Lifetender - 25 Man Ulduar - Freya - 160 - 49 - 0 - 59
*Leggings of Lost Love - 25 Man Ulduar - Thorim - 162 - 52 - 0 - 41
These are so close to Leggings of the Lifetender, but they are cloth so I put them last to save some loot for the preists. There is a squishy heart somewhere inside my hard wooden exterior.

Boots
For boots its mostly a matter of what pattern you can get your hands on for non-astronomical tipping fees.
(*T) Spellslinger's Slippers - 25 Man Ulduar - Multiple Bosses/Tailoring Pattern - 125 - 31 - 0 - 56
(*L) Savior's Slippers - 25 Man Ulduar - Multiple Bosses/Tailoring Pattern - 128 - 35 - 40 - 0
(*L) Boots of Wintry Endurance - 25 Man Ulduar - Multiple Bosses/Leatherworking - 127 - 33 - 48 - 0

Wrist
(*T) Bracers of the Broodmother - 25 Man Ulduar - Razorscale - 83 - 26 - 0 - 36
(*T) Esteemed Bindings - 25 Man Naxx - Razuvious - 82 - 22 - 0 - 37
(*L) Shackles of the Odalisque - 25 Man Ulduar - Razorscale - 83 - 26 - 42 - 0

Gloves
***Grips of the Unbroken - 25 Man Ulduar - General Vezax - 122 - 23 - 0 - 34
**T8 - 25 Man Ulduar - Mimiron - 116 - 37 - 48 - 0
Grips of the Unbroken are much better than our T8 gloves (as long as you are not having mana issues) that this is the piece of T8 you likly want to leave out.
*Handgaurds of Potent Cures - 10 Man Ulduar - Flame Leviathan - 120 - 38 - 56 - 0

Rings
***Glowing Ring of Reclamation - 25 Man Ulduar - Flame Leviathan - 82 - 14 - 39 - 0
**Laby Maye's Sapphire Ring - 10 Man Ulduar - Dark Iron Council - 79 - 25 - 0 - 32
(*T/T) Pyrelight Circle - 25 Man Ulduar - Ignis - 74 - 9 - 46 - 36
(*T/L) Sanity's Bond - 25 Man Ulduar - Yogg-Saron - 74 - 29 - 0 - 31
(*L/L) Ring of the Faithful Servant - 25 Man Ulduar - Auriaya - 74 - 27 - 36 - 0

Neck
(**T) Evoker's Charm - Badges of Conquest - 19 Badges - 82 - 23 - 0 - 42
(**L) Unblinking Eye - 25 Man Ulduar - Dark Iron Council - 82 - 23 - 49 - 0
(*T) Freya's Choker of Warding - 25 Man Ulduar - Flame Leviathan - 74 - 28 - 0 - 39
(*L) Frozen Tear of Elune - Badges of Conquest - 19 Badges - 74 - 26 - 41 - 0

Weapons
*Include enchants, ie the new Spell Power Staff Enchant
(**L)Guiding Star - 25 Man Ulduar - Razorscale - 613 - 25 - 0 - 49
(**T)Soulscribe - 25 Man Ulduar - Yogg-Saron - 613 - 10 - 28 - 48
**Ironmender - 25 Man Ulduar - Kologarn - 82 - 8 - 0 - 74
(*T) The Lifebinder - 25 Man Ulduar - Freya - 646 - 54 - 0 - 120
(*L) Rapture - 25 Man Ulduar - Dark Iron Council - 654 - 69 - 81 - 0

Trinkets???

LFMathz? Download my spreadsheet here: Excel, Open Office

*Was my list not quite what you were looking for?
~My list for Hard Mode Ulduar is here. (June 11th)

~If you are a 10 man raider, Obital Bombardment lists her take on BiS from 10 man Ulduar. (June 16th)

~Do you socket everything with Runed Scarlet Rubies? Check out Goomps post on EJ. (May 5th)

~If you refuse to take potentially best in slot cloth gear from priests unless it is going to be sharded, check out Nerf this Druid's gear list. She has put a lot of work into it - its easy to read and I totally agree with it... accept that druid's should sometimes consider items that might have been meant for other classes. (May 17th)

12 comments:

  1. Great view into things. Thanks a bunch for putting that together. I haven't had a lot of time to look into the new stuff and really am hoping to raid with the guild, nice to have an updated wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I looked at your armory just now and saw that your still using Darkmoon Card: BD.

    I have been searching for a post that spells out where the trinket ranks now after 3.1 compared to others. I used DC:BD and Spirit-World glass all through Wotlk and now have JeTzes Bell as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the list; it's very helpful.

    P. S. Change "ruined scarlet ruby" to "runed scarlet ruby". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Matthew ~ I was using DC:BD right up until 3.1. I am not sure what my take is on trinkets at the moment. I did a lot of analysis of trinkets and mana regent in Dec and it took a long time. It is a project I hope to take on again some day, but not right now. I don't want to give you a recommendation without math to back it.

    @ falling ~ Lol at me... I don't know, maybe some people want to stick ruined rubies into their gear : P Thanks for the proof reading. I SUCK at catching little vowel things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list Aertimus and nice new look!

    Are you planning on making a U25 hardmode gear list? =D Unfortunately, I have not found any other U25 resto gear lists out there.

    Thanks for the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard mode gear is on my too do list - Absolutely. I have started it.

    There are pieces from hard mode drops on the other three lists I linked, but I haven't personally gotten down into the knitty gritty of what I think of the pieces. I'm still weighting for more data to roll off the hard mode bosses.

    There are still new pieces dropping. I realize most readers are a least a little ways out from hard mode stuff, so I'm trying to not make a premature list.

    For those of you on hard modes already - bless you and your guild! And I will try to get a list up once I feel it is satisfactory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article! I would like to learn more about the specific math used in comparing these to derive numerical weights. Specifically I am interested in coming up with values that could be used for a quick mental comparison between two pieces of level 80 gear with the assumptions you made. An old wowwiki.com article for 2.4 covered mechanics and weights very well, but is obsolete has not been updated. For 2.4, it provided a value of 2.46 SPI <--> 1 MP5 with your assumptions plus factoring in a self-innervate as needed. With the changes to mana regen and Innervate there has been a lot of change in this area, but I havent been able to find current info expressed in these comparative terms. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't call them weights so much as actually what you are going to get when you are FULLY raid buffed.

    I have thought about attempting to distill them down into simple numerical weights... but that would be a summer project not a "OMG 7 schools day left and failing kids want to make up work they should have turned in a month ago" project. Oh, but the more I think about it the more I want to try to do it...

    UNTIL THEN - My spreed sheet is now downloadable in Excel or Open Office form for you math enjoyment. From the look of your blog, you might really take a look at it and pick me apart. That would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering where
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45260

    boots of hasty revival fall on your BiS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would put Boots of Hasty Revival as the best item that drops (Net 117 healing, 37 mp5, and 41 crit). Followed by Boots of the Servant (Net 115 healing, 31 mp5, and 62 haste).

    So if you cannot get your hands on orbs, those are the shoes for you! Thank you for inquiring and pointing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow man great list thanks for taking the time to put it together been looking for a updated list for a while now.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Amy

I've been playing WoW since Easter Sunday 2005, coincidentally the same day I became engaged to my forever husband and tank Chad, aka Yakra. I have held the roles of druid class officer, healing role officer, and general secretarial type officer in two guilds. Currently, I am not playing WoW. When I'm playing, my blog, like my life, is casualcore PvE healing focused. (I love gear math!) When I'm not playing WoW... well, I can't quite tell you what this blog will be about since I have never blogged while not playing WoW! Expect to see reflections on being a married WoW player and on just being married, stories from my other RP adventures (LARPing and table top), and accounts of my life's most meaningful activity: teaching chemistry.





Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

E-mail icon created at Nexodyne