Friday, June 19, 2009

You Have Read it All Before...

Just not with my commentary! If you can't stand any more patch note commentary, read this instead! It is far more intelligent than what I am about to say.

Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead.
Icedragon captured my feelings: "Ahoy, Badge of Justice! I missed your complete failure! /facepalm"

Mana Regeneration: All items that provide "X mana per five seconds" have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%. And Replenishment: This buff now grants 1% of the target's maximum mana over 5 seconds instead of 0.25% per second.
Okay, Shamans really need the buff and replenish can handle that tiny winy nerf. But really. I just posted the mana trinkets. Are you going to make me crunch the numbers again? F*ck you Blizz. And yes, now we are going to want "shaman gear" when we need mana too. Why not just get rid of spirit all together?

Innervate: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, and cooldown reduced to 3 minutes.
This I like. I would love to share my innervates more. I won't have to hog it to myself anymore.

Lifebloom: The final heal that occurs when this spell blooms has been reduced by 20%
In reality though... most of the bloom is overheal in PvE, so I don't think we are going to notice much... But leave the blooms be already.

Empowered Touch: Now also increases the amount of bonus healing effects for Nourish by 10/20%.
This I like A LOT. I'm glad they are doing something more useful with this talent. It will be very helpful for druids who like to Wild Growth then top off with Nourish (totally not my raid heal style.) But I personally am looking forward to buffing my FLASHNOURISHIMAPALLY tank healing spec.

Quest creatures and objects will now show on the player's world map.
Apparently I'm in Kindergarten and need my hand held when I cross the map. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let there be a way to turn it off so I still have to read the quests. I don't NOT have QuestHelper for moral reasons. (ie, I'm cool with people who do have it. I don't think they are committing some crime against humanity.) I just actually LIKE questing the way it was when I first started playing. So this change is great for people who like QuestHelper, just PLEASE let us be able to turn it on and off.

All stackable potions now stack to 20. And Potion Injectors now increase the amount gained by 25% when used by engineers. Quantity produced by recipes for Runic Healing and Mana Injectors has been increased.
Yakra is going to be pissed. To him this will be Yet-Another-Engineering-Nerf. He was pretty proud that he could make me Injectors that helped save me space, but he never uses them himself. I... really don't care. And if I was making them myself I would be ecstatic. I just know I'm going to get another of those "Blizz love collectible card games more than engineers" lectures from him.

Values on Northrend ring enchants increased.
Ooo... Nice!

Raw epic gems can be obtained via the following means: Purchased with Emblems of Heroism.
Also nice! I definitely have more badges than cash!

25-player raids will no longer be referred to as heroic versions of a raid, as there is a new distinction between normal and heroic modes for both 10 and 25-player versions of the Crusaders' Coliseum.
Then... what are we referring to them as...? 10 man and 25 mans? We sort of already do that, because, you know, HEROIC and HARD MODE sound REALLY similar.

Ominous Clouds in the Yogg-Saron encounter are now more vocal about touching players.
Thank God! Because I seem to be the only person (okay maybe there are one or two more) who speaks up when I spawn an add and I know I'm not the only one spawning them. No, I did not spawn 6 extra adds in one fight. I'm not all pro-tattle-tale mods, but if people don't know when they are doing it/don't have the guts to speak up... then it is needed.

Corrected a tooltip issue with Pandora's Plea
QQ Blizz It was supposed to be the other way around. The TOOLTIP is right. The trinket is not working as intended, right? RIGHT?! Its probably going to read 751 instead of 850...

2 comments:

  1. Like the post. Hadn't seen all of those changes, so thanks for the info.

    Thanks for the laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use so little lifebloom now that I'm kinda apathetic about the change...which means Rejuv nerf incoming ;-)

    Although, the changes to Yogg in this patch make me wonder if that means Blizzard intends people to continue to run Ulduar concurrently with the new 5 boss zone? Yet...they are still removing the mounts with 3.2, which would seem to indicate otherwise?

    Bleh, it all seems to be happening so fast. I really would like to keep going with our hard modes and get them done before the next zone hits (which we may still have time to do, we are 8-12 weeks out at least), but it is fairly certain we won't get significant time on Algalon before the patch. *sigh*

    While the new content IS nice, I would like to actually be able to breath and ENJOY the content a bit before I have to start worrying about something new. But maybe that's just me? I don't know, I am just still feeling so drained from all the time I put into working Ulduar, and we aren't even done yet.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Amy

I've been playing WoW since Easter Sunday 2005, coincidentally the same day I became engaged to my forever husband and tank Chad, aka Yakra. I have held the roles of druid class officer, healing role officer, and general secretarial type officer in two guilds. Currently, I am not playing WoW. When I'm playing, my blog, like my life, is casualcore PvE healing focused. (I love gear math!) When I'm not playing WoW... well, I can't quite tell you what this blog will be about since I have never blogged while not playing WoW! Expect to see reflections on being a married WoW player and on just being married, stories from my other RP adventures (LARPing and table top), and accounts of my life's most meaningful activity: teaching chemistry.





Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

E-mail icon created at Nexodyne