Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pushing Archie

Time flies when you have a real job! I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since my last post!

Real Life Update:
I am still liking the job. There was a week or two in there that was really bogged down with paperwork, but somehow I managed to crawl out from under the 14 feet of labs and worksheets I had to grade. I'm ready for summer because I want to get ahead with planning and have great plans, instead of only okay plans. I'm not a fan of being only one week ahead and sometimes having to drive to get my printing in time. NINE MORE DAYS UNTIL SUMMER YAY!

WoW Update:
Shade of Akama was a cake walk, like we expected. Taron Gorefiend was a little frustrating. We spend about 3.5 nights over 2.5 weeks working on him until we killed him. Of course it was the inability to kill the shadowy constructs. There is a simulator game we all played, but I don't know if it helped me. I am used to watching and clicking on dots (boxes) on my screen. What I'm not good is actually clicking on mobs that may be standing in front of or right next to each other. I noticed the healers seemed to be the worst at killing them. I don't think it is a coincidence - I think it is our tunnel vision. And I don't know if there is any way to help besides doing the fight more or having a ranged dps alt and just grinding crowded areas. I have had a serious lack of practice since I have only gotten Shadow of Death TWICE in all our attempts. I don't want to be "that girl". Who always wipes the raid... We killed Gorfiend once and are now putting BT on hold until Archie is down.

Some nights we rock Hyjal and one shot everything in two hours. Some nights it take 3 hours to get the first 3 bosses down. I have no idea what is going on there. Maybe it is burn out? I know I need to start stacking the healer classes for those fights. I want to consider it farmed content and let my healers have some say on what bosses they come in for and what they sit out for, but we just aren't there yet. And I don't believe the healing problems are player problems, just class differences I have been trying to ignore. No T6 for me yet. Its not like I don't have the DKP, I just don't need the gloves as much as some other people do.

We have spent about 2.5 nights total on Archie now. I think we are starting to work out the kinks on where we are going to run from fires and where groups are going to stand. . A few people seem to consistently die to dumb things, and I think people are being too brave too close to fires too near to fears. (Myself included). We are running healer heavy now. I figure if we can't live until 10%, who cares about the DPS race at the end. We will cross that bridge when we get to it. Our best attempt was about 54%.

We have had a HUGE healer turn over. I am expecting healers to make at least 40% of our raids by hour. Any less than that and they don't come enough to be worth teaching the fights to and giving the gear too. When most of our healers make 60% or so of raids, I don't think 40% is too much to ask.

We have never tolerated people being consistently too low on the healing meters, and are getting a little stricter on this. Yes, some fights will be better for some classes. Yes, our CoH priests are always going to out heal or Imp Spirit priest. But no one should be consistently far below the other healers. We had one healer like that. We asked them to consider themselves a non-raiding member of the guild. (They are really in it for the social stuff, not the raiding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Amy

I've been playing WoW since Easter Sunday 2005, coincidentally the same day I became engaged to my forever husband and tank Chad, aka Yakra. I have held the roles of druid class officer, healing role officer, and general secretarial type officer in two guilds. Currently, I am not playing WoW. When I'm playing, my blog, like my life, is casualcore PvE healing focused. (I love gear math!) When I'm not playing WoW... well, I can't quite tell you what this blog will be about since I have never blogged while not playing WoW! Expect to see reflections on being a married WoW player and on just being married, stories from my other RP adventures (LARPing and table top), and accounts of my life's most meaningful activity: teaching chemistry.





Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

E-mail icon created at Nexodyne