Over a year ago I went through the process of making my blog suck less, so it included all the essential WoW blogger info. I think I did a decent job for a baby blog of 2 months old. Recently I have been undergoing another round of self critiquing trying to build a better blog. I would love feedback. Here are some of the changes I've made:
1. Text background color. I have gotten some comments about the purple behind the body of my posts being too bright, so I toned it down a few shades. I want it to stay purple, but I really really want to know if it is more readable.
2. Font type and size. My computer at home and my computer at work have different font packages and apparently I was using an uncommon font. Heck, it's still showing differently in Google Chrome and Firefox, but it is less different. I also made the font size a little bigger for easier readability. It makes some of my old posts small, but I think I'm too lazy to go back and change all those.
3. Flavicon! This was surprisingly painful to do and I still can't get it to show up in Google Chrome. Suggestions? But for Firefox I am very very happy with it.
5. Icon of my e-mail. It looks a lot better than the line-o-text I had buried at the bottom of the page and I put it in two locations for easier find-ability. I made it at Nexodyne.
6. Google Talk. Now you can chat with me through my g-mail account. You don't have to have g-mail to be able to do so. I figured this would be a nice option for readers who have questions but maybe don't feel comfortable leaving their question as a comment or want more instantaneous feedback than sending me an e-mail.
7. Search, Most Popular Posts, and Topic. Self explanatory, so you can find what you are looking for faster. I had topics listed before but the list was a little crazy long. I condensed where I could.
8. Changes to my Profiles. I shrunk the picture of my character, because you probably don't need two massive pictures of my HoT druid. I also added an IRL picture of myself to my IRL profile BEFORE the despite the Paladin Schmaladin drama. I think I'm going to keep it up anyway, however, I have a better one in the works!
9. Blogroll! My blogroll was horribly outdated. I actually subscribe to almost 50 blogs. I picked the 20 I read the most (partially because they post the most) and found out there is a convenient "show 10" feature that allows you the reader to see all the blogs listed with one click if you wish.
10. Blog Azeroth, Twisted Nether, and WoWJunction. I've been listed on the Twisted Nether for a long time (I did not submit my blog), but never advertised for them (which really was just rude of me) or did anything with my wiki page. Well, I fixed both of those. I also added an icon for Blog Azeroth and added myself to that page. The WoW blogging community really is an awesome community and I need to show my support more. Finally, WoWJunction is a new list of WoW sites. It has some nice search features and you can create an account and save sites to favorites.