15 days ago Nitefear asked a very simple question: "Just out of curiosity, which trinkets would be good?" Aertimus recommends Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon with Spirit-World Glass
- Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon: Beasts Deck. Ace drops off of The Beast in Blackrock Spire. The rest of the cards are world drops.
- Majestic Dragon Figurine Drops off Sartharion in 10 man Obsidian Sanctum.
- Figurine - Sapphire Owl Made by and usable by Jewel Crafters only.
- Darkmoon Card: Greatness Spirit Version Nobles Deck. Made by Inscription.
- Darkmoon Card: Greatness Intellect Version Nobles Deck. Made by Inscription.
- Spirit-World Glass Drops off Gothik the Harvester (and sometimes Gluth) in 10 man Naxx.
- At high values of spirit and int and a fairly average cast rate for a Resto Druid, Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon still gives the most mana regeneration. (Get this trinket. AH so much stuff that your vanity pets think they are next if you have to, but get this trinket.)
- When considering trinkets to pair with Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon, Spirit-World Glass gives the most mana regeneration on average. This assumes you use the Spirit-World trinket every time it is up. Even if Blue Dragon never procs when Spirit-World Glass is being used, it still gives the best mana regen. If you have a mod to notify you of Blue Dragon's proc and you have really good reaction time, you might be able to use Spirit-World Glass when you see Blue Dragon proc, giving you even more return. My calculations don't even begin to consider the increased innervate return you would see if you use Spirit-World Glass when you innervate. (Spirit-World Glass is much diminished in value if you do not have Blue Dragon. You may want to get Blue Dragon before you kill yourself grinding Naxx 10 for this.)
- If you manage to get your hands on Blue Dragon, but not on Spirit-World Glass, Darkmoon Card: Greatness Intellect version is your second best bet. The possible range of mana regen is much larger than the range of possibilities for Blue Dragon and Spirit World Glass. You will be taking a risk of the two cards proc'ing low and never proc'ing together. However, if they both proc a lot or together, you will see tons of mana. (Aertimus does not recommend taking this risk.)
- Darkmoon Card: Greatness Spirit version is not worth it!!! Please don't dump gold or time into getting this card. Get the int version instead. If you go with the spirit version you are (probably) sacrificing more than 20 MP5 for less than 20 spellpower (compared to the Int version), BEFORE you pair this card with Blue Dragon. If you pair the two, you are gimping Blue Dragon's mana regen potential and losing even more (as compaired to the Int version.)
- Majestic Dragon Figurine is a very good investment, especially if you are not into risk taking and/or you want to pair this with a spellpower/haste/"something that doesn't have the word 'card' in its name" trinket. In fact, I would recommend every druid have this around as a secondary trinket for fights when they aren't having a single mana regen issue.
- Download it.
- Plug in your unbuffed, UNTRINKETED values in the red.
- Figure out which of the four columns applies best to you. (Do you run with normal buffs? Are you blessed with an Divine Spirit priest? Do you have a +2% Int meta gem?)
- Scroll down to compare the individual regen values, the touted "best trinkets for resto druid" regen values, and the regen values for trinkets used in combination with Blue Dragon.
- Don't forget to check out the comments to the right of the column so you know exactly what you are comparing. Don't give up major spellpower if you aren't having mana issues!
- If you wish, tab on over to "Maths" and see where all my numbers came from.
- Give me comments! Given your spirit and int, which combinations are best for you? Did you find an error in my math? Do you think I overlooked a critical trinket?
For Aertimus's list of pre-Naxx resto druid go here.