Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blue Dragon Nerfed by 57% in 3.1*

Friends, bloggers, druids - lend me your ears; 
I come to bury my Blue Dragon Card, not to praise it.
The evil that OP gear does lives after it; 
The good is oft interred with its nexus crystals. 
So let it be with Blue Dragon. 

The noble Ghostcrawler 
Hath told you time spent OO5SR was ambitious; 
If it were so, it was a grievous fault, 
And grievously hath Blue Dragon answered it.

Here, under leave of Ghostcrawler and the rest of Blizz - 
For Ghostcrawler is an honorable man; 
So are they all, all honorable developers - 
Come I to speak in Blue Dragon's funeral. 
It was my favorite trinket, faithful and just to me; 
But Ghostcrawler says PvE regen was ambitious; 
And Ghostcrawler is an honorable man. 

Blue Dragon hath brought many 15 seconds of OOC regens to my raids
Whose manas did my mana bar fill:
Did this in regen seem ambitious?
When that the OOM have cried, Blue Dragon hath wept:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff. 
Yet Ghostcrawler says he was ambitious; 
And Ghostcrawler is an honorable man. 

You all did see that on spell cast
Two percent we received its Aura, 
And 98 percent we were refused: Was this ambition?
Yet Ghostcrawler says Spirit and Int regen was ambitious; 
And, sure, he is an honorable man. 

I speak not to disprove what Ghostcrawler spoke, 
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love Blue Dragon one, not without cause:
What cause do you have now to say much mana regen makes raiding too easy?
O judgment! Thou art fled to under geared noobs, 
And hard core raiders have lost their reason. Bear with me; 
My heart is in the nexus crystals with Blue Dragon, 
And I must pause till it come back to me. 

*For me and my gear. Your pain from the nerf bat may vary.

Here you will find my original post on Blue Dragon, including a spreadsheet to see how wonderful it is right now. Here is that same spreadsheet, updated for 3.1's healing coefficient: Excel, Open Office

Much credit given to William Shakespeare of course!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Amy

I've been playing WoW since Easter Sunday 2005, coincidentally the same day I became engaged to my forever husband and tank Chad, aka Yakra. I have held the roles of druid class officer, healing role officer, and general secretarial type officer in two guilds. Currently, I am not playing WoW. When I'm playing, my blog, like my life, is casualcore PvE healing focused. (I love gear math!) When I'm not playing WoW... well, I can't quite tell you what this blog will be about since I have never blogged while not playing WoW! Expect to see reflections on being a married WoW player and on just being married, stories from my other RP adventures (LARPing and table top), and accounts of my life's most meaningful activity: teaching chemistry.





Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

E-mail icon created at Nexodyne